Since its establishment in 1996, AddictionLink has been Finland’s most popular drug and addiction online service. Intended for substance users, their relatives and all those interested in abuse-related issues, the site provides useful information for healthcare professionals and students alike.
A number of services are also available in Swedish, English, Russian and sign language. The service is provided by the A-Clinic Foundation.
AddictionLink is sponsored by Funding Centre for Social Welfare and Health Organisations (STEA). Previously, the service also received funding from the EU, the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, and the Finnish Centre for Health Promotion.The site is maintained by A-Clinic Foundation’s communications team, while responsibility for technical implementation rests with the team’s web designer. Please address any comments and inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards received by AddictionLink:
- A Commendation prize in the Social Marketing Campaign of the Year for 2010 awarded to AddictionLink for their sign language website
- Prime Minister’s Special Award in the 2006 Best Information Society Practices Competition
- Award of the Finnish Society of Telemedicine and eHealth 2005
- EU eHealth2004 Awards finalist, Cork 2004
- Finnish Centre for Health Promotion: Award for Best Health Education Material 1999
Contents of AddictionLink
To go from one section to another, use the navigation bar at the top of the page. Underneath the navigation bar there is a breadcrumb trail showing your location.
The Info bank contains short articles providing expert information on alcohol, drugs, addictions and their treatment. The articles have been divided into the following groups:
- Drugs, medicinal substances and other intoxicants
- Gambling, other behavioural addictions and their treatment
- Substance use and health
- Substance use and mental health
- Substance use and family
- Substance use and special groups
- Substance abuse treatment
- Substance use and society
- Substance use and traffic
The FAQ section contains frequently asked questions about substance use. The ‘Drugs and the Brain’ animation illustrates how various substances affect the brain.
Tests and counters
Self-assessment tests and counters regarding substance use.
This section includes tools that help you cut down on drinking.
Where to find help?
Useful information concerning social and healthcare services related to substance use available in Finland.
Copyright to the content of the online service are retained by the A-Clinic Foundation. Content may be quoted and links created to the pages provided that the source is given. AddictionLink disclaims all liability for the content on any linking sites.
We partner with Webropol for our online surveys.